Latest New :- Israel war on Gaza live
- At least 32 people killed in Khan Younis and five in Rafah as Israeli attacks continue across Gaza.
- Israeli Defence Minister says operations in southern Gaza, which have included the bombing of refugee camps and previously declared civilian ‘safe zones’, will continue.
- Palestine’s health ministry says 125 people killed and 318 injured in a 24-hour period.
- At least 22,438 people killed and 57,614 wounded in Israeli attacks on Gaza since October 7. The revised death toll from the October 7 attack on Israel stands at 1,139.
Israel’s long history of assassination attempts in Lebanon
A drone strike on a southern Beirut neighbourhood killed several Hamas leaders including Saleh al-Arouri, the deputy leader of the group’s political wing and founder of the military wing.
The move represents a major regional escalation in Israel’s war on Gaza, which has killed more than 22,000 people there so far. But this was not the first time that Israel has carried out an assassination within Lebanon.
Read our piece here on Israel’s long history of assassination attempts in Lebanon.
WATCH: Israeli air strikes destroy at least 50 homes in the Jabalia camp
Israeli forces levelled at least 50 homes in the al-Sikka area of the Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza on Thursday at dawn. The homes were empty, but an entire residential neighbourhood is now gone.
If you’re just joining us
It’s 7am (05:00 GMT) in the occupied Palestinian territories and Israel.
Here are some of the main developments overnight:
- Six people killed in an Israeli attack on a house in central Rafah, an area once declared a “safety zone” for civilians.
- Israeli forces shoot and kill 17-year-old during an ambush in the town of Beit Rima in the occupied West Bank.
- Four Palestinian armed groups are battling the advance of Israeli forces in central Khan Younis city in the south of the Gaza Strip, war monitors report.
- Israeli high-level security cabinet meeting discussing post-war Gaza plans descends into shouting match as right-wing ministers and military officials clash, according to Israeli media.
- UAE condemns “extremist” statements by Israel’s far-right ministers Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben-Gvir calling for the displacement of Palestinians from Gaza.